Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Gift of Freedom

Today I gave myself the gift of freedom.  It was the most amazing and empowering feeling to be walking along the beach, enjoying the sun, the waves and watching a local surfer do his stretches before he braved a chilly set.

With my camera phone in one hand I started taking photos of all the different footprints in the sand - dogs, people and more dogs - the one precious little footprint I still wanted to collect was a birds but today there were none.  Then my creative juices started kicking in as I was inspired by these simple little imprints, including my own.

"Today I stand in my own footprint and thank myself for giving me the freedom to be here.  Not rushing off to be here, there and everywhere, or making any times today where I  have to be anywhere but here.  Thank you -  thank me for reminding me how important to me the gift of freedom is"

When I was overseas for a few years, old friends at home would ask - why have you stayed away so long?  The only thing I could think of was freedom.  Once you get over being lonely or being scared or being unsure, this incredible moment happens when you have the freedom to do whatever it is you want to do.  So as I go through my days working on different copywriting projects giving myself the opportunity to break free is paramount to my creativity.

I have discovered a new hobby after reading Susannah Conway's book and blogs - she is an incredibly uplifting blogger and her timing to come along has been just the thing I needed.  I have just about finished her book This I Know and it is precious, but she has so many wonderful books and courses I am going to be inspired by her for a very long time.  Her writing has reminded me to how important it is to be true to yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment